Friday, April 11, 2008

WASC Meet-Up @ RSA 2008

Update 04.11.2008: Garrett Gee and Anurag Agarwal added some great photos!


It’s going to take a few posts to fully cover all the notable RSA events, but definitely one of the highlights for me was the WASC meet-up sponsored my company WhiteHat Security. A 100+ people came from all over including those from Mozilla, Microsoft, Google, Kaiser, eBay/PayPal, HP, IBM, Stanford, Intel and dozens of others I’m missing to share some food and drink (really good by the way). A lot of new people in the industry turned up as well that I had the opportunity to meet and chat with. It’s great to hear about their ideas and experiences and about the things they are working on. These are really important conversations we need to share to keep webappsec growing and maturing. It looked like everyone had a great time, our main goal for the event. Garrett Gee was one of the guys taking a lot of pictures and I expect those to be posted soon, I'll update when that happens. Thanks again to everyone who came and made the meet-up a success. See ya next year!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeremiah - I just posted about the WASC meetup as well at InfosecEvents.net and my RSA Conference pictures can be found on flickr. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

So were any interesting and new concepts discussed in relation to Web Application Security, or was the atmosphere centered solely around food and drink? I see id was there in full business attire (a stark contrast from that of the beer-drinking light bulb, or what would seem to be the flamboyant frontman for some type of band).

Jeremiah Grossman said...

New and interesting concepts.... hmm... not so much. It was more of a casual and fun get together. Not too much business or technology spoken. Just everyone saying hi, meeting & greeting, and catching up on old times.

Anonymous said...

Is their a dress requirement for these types of events, or does everyone simply enjoy business-casual? I'm more of a boots and shorts kind of guy myself, but I've come to the realization that at some point or another I will be forced to wear a suit, or at least a pair of "decent" pants and a shirt with sleeves.

Jeremiah Grossman said...

as long as the restaurant will let you in, then I think you'll be OK. :) Jeans and T-shirt would have been just fine. RSA was up in SF, so shorts might a little cold. heh.