Tuesday, September 25, 2007

StillSecure Podcast Interview with and RSnake and Jeremiah

Alan Shimel and Mitchell Ashley invited us onto the show last week to talk about, well you know, web application security stuff. Doncha just hate when you get pigeon holed. :)

Anyway, the conversation started off nicely with a few easy questions, but then they had to go and ask RSnake to comment about Google. He spouted his usual grandstanding on how they’re the evilest of the evil empires and how CEO Eric Schmidt wants to read the brainwaves Alan’s kids or something like that. I don’t know for sure because I wasn’t paying that close attention seeing how as I was on JetBlue flight to who knows where and playing Street Fighter at the time.

Alan and Mitchell softballed me with a few buzzword compliant question including the impact of Ajax, Web 2.0, a flat world, yaddah yaddah. I bushed those off quickly as irrelevant, but they then blindsided me with some browser security questions. They must have know I couldn’t help but lay terse words into the browser vendors and eventually whine incessantly like a child about the lack of content restrictions. When asked if the industry is making any “progress”, I quickly raise the FUD flag to ensure my long-term livelihood.

OK, OK, I kid, I kid. In all seriousness, Alan and Mitchell are really funny and great guys to spend time with. The interview was fun and we covered a lot of ground and interesting topics along the way.

3 comments: