Friday, December 22, 2006

Secure Code Through Frameworks

pdp (architect) recently invited me to guest blog on gnucitizen. I'd never done something like that before, so I figured it'd be a fun first. Here goes...

Secure Code Through Frameworks
105 million sites make their home on the Web - 4 million more move in each month. That’s a staggering number to think about, and as we well know, the vast majority of websites (I say 8 in 10) have serious security issues. Industry discussions go round and round about what should be done. We talk about secure coding practices, training, compliance, assessment, source-code audits, and the like. What’s going to work? Then I read something Robert Auger posted, the lack of security enabled frameworks is why we’re vulnerable, touching on an area I’ve thought a lot about recently.


No comments: